Create a Simple Craft Sand Valentine’s Day Heart Card
To make your valentine’s card you will need:
- Coloured card
- White card
- Coloured craft sand
- Craft glue (not glue-stick)
- Tape/ sticky pads
- Paintbrush for glue-spreading
- Choose you background card colour, fold in half then glue and stick a smaller piece of white card to create your border (TIP: use a heavy book on a flat dry surface to flatten your card so it dries without wobbles).
- Decide how many hearts you want and what size they will be to fit on your card.
- Draw your first heart on the second piece of white card, cut it out and use it as a template to cut all the other hearts. Don’t worry if they’re not all perfect!
- One at a time, glue the hearts and sprinkle over a different colour craft sand on each, remembering to do it over paper so you can tip the excess sand back every time. Allow them to dry.
- Make the sticky pads: I used strong tape folded over, but you could use double-sided sticky pads or little squares of card glued each side, whatever works!
- Stick you hearts in whatever configuration you like using the sticky pads, so that they stand out from the card.
- Write your message to the one you love….